The temperatures are dropping and those sleigh bells are not so distant anymore. The big day itself – yes that’s right Christmas, is nearly upon us and we could not be more excited!
We are already dressing the trees, decking the halls, wrapping our presents and sipping on mulled wine – yums!
We adore this time of year, everyone is feeling super fun and festive and all jolly. If you are lucky enough to have a winter and Christmas wedding, then we love this too! You lucky things! It really is the most wonderful time of the year.
Here’s why we love Christmas Weddings!
1) Fairy lights – And not only just around the tree! You just can’t beat a bit of twinkle and fairy lights provide the perfect backdrop when you are taking pics and hello, this is super romantic lighting! The perfect festive wedding lighting right there!
2) Moody skies – The weather, like in recent days, might be pretty rubbish, but hey, why worry! We embrace it. You just can’t beat a moody sky as an amazing backdrop to a photo and if you’re taking family or group shots, it really does add atmosphere to an image. White wedding dresses also really pop against the dark skies, so you look quite angelic indeed.
3) Rich and sumptuous colours – think deep reds, wild berries, twisted twigs, metallics and hessian. Vibrance makes for fantastic photos. Perfectly on trend for this year and makes for superb images.
4) Mistletoe – only at Christmas can you get away with a kiss under the mistletoe. Perfect photo opportunity! We just love Christmas traditions! Think about that first kiss…and make it under the mistletoe. Surely one to treasure for years to come.
5) Lights – Natural light is in short supply at this time of year. Ambient light comes in lots of forms and if you look for it, and have the lights to make the most of it, you can create amazing pics in the lowest of light conditions.
Do you love this time of year as much as us? We do hope so! If you have a winter, festive or Christmas wedding booked for next year and you think you might like us to help, then call us at the studio on 01494 680811.