Deciding on the guest list and the seating plan maybe quite a stressful part of the wedding planning but possibly one of the hardest and yet enjoyable decisions will be what are you going to wear? As photographers we look forward to seeing and photographing what this year holds in terms of wedding dress trends for the brides. The wedding dress collections for 2019 have all the usual classic styles that everyone loves – lace, strapless, princess dresses and fishtails, but what will stand you out from the crowd?
What wedding dress trends will we see in 2019?
- Simple and Classic. Meghan Markle confirmed it with her tailored embellishment free Givenchy gown. Timeless and modern is what several designers are saying is the wedding dress trend for 2019.
- Halter – necks. 2019 is the year for the ‘sophisticated’ wedding dress, with trends airing away from strapless and off the shoulder, to halter-necks that flatter most figures.
- Have you thought of a blue wedding dress? Soft shades of this colour are one of the wedding dress trends for this year!
- What about metallic? Brighter than white but less adventurous than a coloured dress, from champagne to blush metallic this might be your eye catching option.
- Sheer ‘capelets’ – shorter and sheerer is the new trend for the ‘cape’. A romantic screen for strapless and off the shoulder dresses and made with 3D applique lace, you would be leading the trend in 2019.
- Separates – this is the year for brides to break rules. Why not be creative and incorporate several looks in one day with a combination of tops, trousers and a skirt?
- Bows – these are being used in a more subtle way. In a new and modern interpretation of the old classic, they are being incorporated into shoes and hair accessories adding a point of distinction.
- Minis – this might appeal to the alternative bride who wants to stay away from the traditional shapes of full skirts and long trains. Short hemlines provide a more informal and playful approach. If you feel a pull for the ‘traditional’ then why not wear a mini at the evening reception?
If you would like to see more of our photos and what wedding photography packages we offer then go to http://www.lgfineartweddings.com/packages/