So…surely one of the best parts of your wedding day is the food and drink. The reception and wedding breakfast take up large portions of your day and we like to think they are rather important!
Choosing where to start can be daunting – whether based at a hotel venue or whether you are at venue where it’s a completely blank canvas or even a marquee and you need to choose a caterer – who do you choose, what do you choose and what’s on offer!? There is a whole range for you to look at, taste and try and this means a whole lot of yumminess. If you’re anything like us, how can you possibly choose!
We have asked our friends over at Goose & Berry, Wedding Caterers and Planners based in Buckinghamshire and London, for their top tips. Here is what they have to say:
So the time has come to choose your wedding food and drink! Surely one of the best parts about wedding planning (we like to think so). Time to pick a caterer! This is best done ASAP once you have the date and venue booked. Key dates get booked up fast and you want your number 1 choice don’t you!
- If venue based, the catering and alcohol may be already chosen in some respects and done for you. If you have a marquee or dry hire, take a look at local companies and look at examples of their work; photos and menus!
- Arrange a tasting if you can; so important when choosing is to try before you buy. Some minimum spends may apply, so it’s worth checking.
- Check budgets, availability and whether they understand your vision for your wedding food and drink and the day itself and if they offer good service!
- Whether venue or marquee based, the first decision after booking your caterer is formal or informal dining? Will you be having a plated service or a buffet, maybe even food stations? Food stations and Interactive Food are the big thing right now! The same applies for reception drinks and cocktail bars.
- Secondly, what type of food do you like? Go for your favourites and make it seasonal and local, this will help with saving costs.
- Above all, make it fun and inject some of your personality into your choices, let your food shine and show you off as a couple.
We are already thinking about all the options available and wondering what we would choose if we were to get married again! What will you be choosing? Have you booked your caterers or are you still looking? Maybe it’s worth taking a peek at Goose & Berry! If you would like us to capture all of your tasty treats on display on your wedding day, let us know and we will be there to help! Call us at the studio on 01494 680811.